Module 1 - Multiple Spreadsheets
- Open the "Excel Cram Kit (Test #2) - Multiple Sheets.xlsx" file.
- Select the Sigma Apple Pi sheet and then group all 3 worksheets (Sigma Apple Pi through Alpha Beta Chi). Then, complete the following:
- Auto Fill the rest of the "Day _" values in A4:A6 so that the row titles contain Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3.
- In row 7 use the SUM function to compute the total recruits that hung out in each room during Meet the Brothers. Then, in column E do the same for each of the days. Make sure to include an overall total in cell E7.
- Format B4:E7 to have a dotted inner border. (HINT: Make sure to check out the "More Border Options")
- Format A3:E7 to have Thick Box Border.
- Ungroup the worksheets and ensure that your formatting was applied to all of them.
- Make a copy of the Sigma Apple Pi worksheet and change the name to "Totals". Place this worksheet at the end of the workbook.
- Change the title in cell A1 to "Total Recruits for all Chapters".
- Remove the values in B4:D6.
- Write a 3-D cell reference using the SUM function to total all of the recruits for all fraternities in Room 1 on Day 1.
- HINT #1: Do not individually select each value in each of the worksheets, which will result in =SUM('Sigma Apple Pi'!B4, 'Tri Deltoids'!B4, 'Alpha Beta Chi'!B4)
- HINT #2: Don't create a formula that adds up each of the values individually, which would result in ='Sigma Apple Pi'!B4 + 'Tri Deltoids'!B4 + 'Alpha Beta Chi'!B4
- Copy this formula through all of the days and all of the rooms.
- Save and close the file.